The TechExport Program is a joint effort of the Pennsylvania’s Center for Trade Development (CTD), the Pittsburgh Technology Council and the Team Pennsylvania Foundation with the primary objective of raising awareness of international business opportunities among technology business and to assist them in launching or increasing their export sales.
Helping Tech Companies Access International Markets:
Pennsylvania firms selling tech-based products can face considerable obstacles when expanding business into foreign markets. Added to the traditional challenges of exporting, e.g. how to select a market, business partner, tech-based businesses also face US government export controls, foreign government regulatory hurdles, potential theft of intellectual property, among others. These firms may also require early international outreach as compared to traditional manufacturers as they seek research partners, sources of capital, cost-effective testing and trials facilities.
- Personalized Export Counseling assistance free of charge
- Market Research and Partner Search Services throughout a network of 21 foreign offices strategically located around the world
- Regulatory Support through the Expert Hotline
- Trade Event Development (Trade Missions and Trade Shows)
- Grant Funding for qualifying companies to offset cost associated with international marketing
- Education & Training Events
Tech Export is designed to increase the number of tech-based exporters throughout Pennsylvania, the volume and value of their international sales, as well as enhance the reach, capacity, competitiveness and vitally of the Pennsylvania technology community.
Benefits of the Program
Getting ready to conduct business outside the U.S. is complex and challenging for any company. Our program provides you with access to a network of domestic and international experts that will be by your side through every step of your international marketing efforts allowing you to:
- Compress the timeline leading to a successful export sale
- Flatten your “export learning curve”
- Mitigate risk and uncertainties
- Reduce the cost associated with international market exploration
Listen and Learn!
Get the inside scoop on the world's hottest markets looking to buy your products and services. TechVibe Radio on FM News Talk 104.7 interviews Trade Representatives on the ground providing insight on the challenges and opportunities in their respective markets. Featured markets include:
Get Involved! For more information, contact Claudia Garcia at 412.918.4202.
*This project was financed in part by a grant from the federal Department of Commerce, under the administration of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development