The LAUNCH program transforms the natural curiosity of high school girls into a voice of leadership in the STEM industry. Through our comprehensive program, high school girls will gain insight into their leadership style and be equipped with the confidence to pursue a successful career path in STEM. LAUNCH integrates the Becoming Athena leadership curriculum with the Birkman method, interactive resume and portfolio development, and professional female mentors working in STEM. Through their engagement, our participants experience growth as leaders and exit the program prepared to create positive changes in their chosen career path.
Apply to Participate in the Program HERE.
Deadline to apply by October 16, 2020.
Who: 10th and 11th Grade Girls - Interested in gaining career and leadership skills in the world of STEM
November 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19*
December 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17*
*Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning in November through December from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Sessions will be a hybrid of both virtual and in person.
In-Person - Pittsburgh Technology Council, 100 S. Commons, Suite 172, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Virtual - Zoom
- Integration of the Athena leadership curriculum which identifies eight Principles of Leadership and encourages the incorporation of these concepts into their leadership practice.
- Engagement with an on-staff career coach and educational consultant.
- Development of an interactive, online portfolio that includes a resume, cover letter, personal talents and skills, and online presence.
- Utilizing the Birkman Method to focus interests and strengths into a career zone.
- Meaningful interactions with STEM mentors.
- Exploration of careers through job shadowing opportunities.
- Exploration of post high school education through on-campus or virtual open house visits.
- Role playing to strengthen interview and communication skills.
- Customized lessons aligned to the PA Career Education and Work standards.
Each participant will receive $300 upon completion of the program
Chromebooks will be provided!