2022 LAUNCH Hosted by Fortyx80, in partnership with the Pittsburgh Technology Council
The LAUNCH program transforms the natural curiosity of high school girls into a voice of leadership in the STEM industry. Through our comprehensive program, high school girls will gain insight into their leadership style and be equipped with the confidence to pursue a successful career path in STEM. LAUNCH integrates the Becoming Athena leadership curriculum with the Birkman method, interactive resume and portfolio development, and professional female mentors working in STEM. Through their engagement, our participants experience growth as leaders and exit the program prepared to create positive changes in their chosen career path.
Who Should Apply: 10th and 11th Grade Girls interested in gaining career and leadership skills in the world of STEM.
Pick up PreWork: March 8
Retreat: Duquesne University, In-PersonMarch 25: 6:00 PM - 9 PM March 26 : 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM March 27: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Virtual Meetings via ZoomApril 5, 12, 19, 26: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
Full day field trip and mentor experience in April TBD
What LAUNCH Encompasses:
• Integration of the Athena leadership curriculum which identifies eight Principles of Leadership
• Engagement with an on-staff career coach and educational consultant.
• Development of an interactive, online portfolio that includes highlights of personal talents and skills, resume, and online presence.
• Utilizing the Birkman Method to focus interests and strengths into a career zone.
• Meaningful interactions with industry professional as STEM mentors.
• Exploration of careers through job shadowing opportunities.
• Exploration of post high school education through on-campus or virtual open house visits.
• Building of both peer and professional networks
• Customized lessons aligned to the PA Career Education and Work standards.
• Experiential learning through on-site visits into the tech industry.
• A capstone project in the form of an advocacy plan with the integration of tech.
Compensation: Each participant will receive $250 upon completion of the program.
Our young women had the amazing opportunity to work with 14 amazing female leaders in STEM as mentors within the following STEM companies:
Allegheny County Airport Authority
For questions - Marie Pelloni, Director of Talent Attraction and STEM Development, firstname.lastname@example.org