Winning Talent Together: Apprentices – A Talent Pipeline Game Changer
Join HR practitioners as they discuss how we need to do more than acquire new talent in Pittsburgh, we need to create it. And when we are intentional, and create that talent from underrepresented, undeserved, displaced, veteran, and incumbent workers, we can grow the pool of a talent in a way that really moves the bar.
This panel will discuss the existing apprenticable positions and their need to be created, examining non-traditional pathways and modern apprenticeships to reframe workforce development.
Join us to discuss how apprenticeships and partnerships can impact the future of work and hiring for our region.
- How can apprenticeships provide a useful contribution?
- What are the goals of existing apprenticeship programs?
- What partnerships are key to the success of apprenticeship programs?
- Should employers receive financial incentives as part of apprenticeships?
- How to attract potential apprentices?
When: June 2, 2021 | 12:00PM to 1:00PM
*This invitation is not transferable. Please note, that this registration will be for all the dates of BAU - not just Winning Talent Together on June 2, 2021.
- John Duncan, Training Coordinator at Penn United
- Erica Frischmann, Senior Consultant and Training Provider at Catalyst Connection
- Tiffany Edwards, State Director of Apprenti Texas
- Debbie Killmeyer, Dean of Workforce Development at Community College of Allegheny County
Moderated by: Ryan Haggerty, Director of Workforce Development with Academy PGH
12:00PM | Welcome & Introductions
12:05PM | Panel Discussion followed by Q&A
12:45PM | Breakout Networking Session
1:00PM | Adjourn
PTC Members & Non-Members | FREE
Thank you to our Sponsors!
For content or logistics questions - Program Director: Marie Pelloni, Director of Talent Attraction and STEM Development, email@example.com
For registration questions - Taylor Bombalski, Director, Event Planning & Special Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship questions - Ashley Steckel, Director of Business Development and Advertising, email@example.com
For membership questions - Ryan Gent, Membership Director, firstname.lastname@example.org