Save the date for the 2022 Awards Luncheon: Friday, September 9! Click here to register!
2022 ATHENA Award Finalists
- Luz Blandon, Executive Vice President for Immigrant Children Services, Holy Family Institute
- Dr. Trisha Gadson, Chief Executive Officer, Macedonia Family & Community Enrichment Center
- Hollie Geitner, Director, Communications, Duquesne Light Company
- Stacy Juchno, Executive Vice President and General Auditor, The PNC Financial Services Group
- Cynthia Oliver, Executive Director, Three Rivers Business Alliance
2022 ATHENA Young Professional Award Finalists
- Aleta Heard, VP, Senior Specialist, Product Owner, BNY Mellon
- Shireen Thomas, Director, IT Operations - Office of the CIO, UPMC
- Sam Utley Schmitt, Coordinator of Equity, Inclusion and Justice, Fanny Edel Falk Laboratory School
The ATHENA Awards Program of Greater Pittsburgh distinguishes itself from other regional awards through its emphasis on women mentoring other women and girls.
Two recognitions are presented at its annual luncheon: the traditional ATHENA Award—which since 1990 has celebrated women who demonstrate excellence in their profession, contribute to their community, and mentor other women—and the ATHENA Young Professional Award—created in 2011 to highlight a woman age 35 or younger who dedicates her time and talent to helping other women and girls to thrive.
Each recipient receives a handcrafted sculpture representing the Greek goddess Athena, known for her courage guided by wisdom.
The ATHENA Awards event in Pittsburgh is one of the largest annual gatherings among the hundreds of ATHENA International events presented around the world.
Contact Ashley Steckel at email@example.com to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
For more information contact Allison Kaharick, Sr. Director, Major Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.