Save the date and secure your tickets for the ATHENA Awards luncheon on Friday, September 8. We hope you will join us as we recognize the following 2023 Finalists who inspire others, lead by example, and mentor effortlessly to help other women and girls succeed!
2023 ATHENA Award Finalists (in alphabetical order)
- Victoria Bechtold Kush – Shareholder, Litigation, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Beth Marcello – Senior Vice President and Director, Women’s Business Development, PNC Bank
- Christine McClure – Senior Research Scientist and Adjunct Professor, University of Pittsburgh and University of Miami
- Rona Nesbit – Executive VP, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Jennifer Wagner – Global Head Client Support, Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
2023 ATHENA Young Professional Award Finalists (in alphabetical order)
- Christine Gameos – Program & Community Engagement Coordinator, Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Miranda Safran – Audit Senior, Louis Plung & Company
- Yaqi Wo – Global Product Manager, PPG
The ATHENA Awards Program of Greater Pittsburgh distinguishes itself from other regional awards through its emphasis on women mentoring other women and girls.
Two recognitions are presented at its annual luncheon: the traditional ATHENA Award—which since 1990 has celebrated women who demonstrate excellence in their profession, contribute to their community, and mentor other women—and the ATHENA Young Professional Award—created in 2011 to highlight a woman age 35 or younger who dedicates her time and talent to helping other women and girls to thrive.
Each recipient receives a handcrafted sculpture representing the Greek goddess Athena, known for her courage guided by wisdom.