The grant supports the Open for Business program, launched by Bridgeway Capital in partnership with Paramount Pursuits. The program offers free capacity-building services to qualified Allegheny County-based small businesses located in low- and moderate-income areas to help them recover from the immediate impact of COVID-19 and reposition businesses for longterm success.
Bridgeway Capital, a Community Development Financial Institution, will administer the program in partnership with Paramount Pursuits, an economic development consulting firm focused on business incubation. The partnership combines the expertise of each community development organization in guiding small businesses to sustainability and growth. Bridgeway and Paramount will collaborate to ensure that each participating business receives the precise technical assistance needed to respond and retool to remain open for business.
“Bridgeway is grateful to Allegheny County for its continued investment in our local small business community. Its support of this program, alongside the partnership between Bridgeway and Paramount, offers small businesses increased capacity and assistance that makes economic recovery possible,” says T.J. Bogdewic, President and CEO of Bridgeway Capital.
The Open for Business program offers:
• One-on-one access to specialists in the fields of business development planning, accounting, legal services, marketing, and credit counseling.
• COVID response assistance to help businesses retool to operate during the pandemic and beyond, including access to digital and social media marketing advising strategies, eCommerce training, and space redesign consultation.
• The opportunity for start-up and under-developed businesses to participate in Paramount’s intensive 12-month cohort-style program. The program provides comprehensive business development mentorship as well as peer support and networking opportunities. Eligible businesses must:
• Have been negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related shutdowns.
• Have a business start date prior to February 15th, 2020.
• Be located in low and moderate-income areas in Allegheny County; eligible municipalities include Avalon, Bellevue, Blawnox, Braddock, Braddock Hills, Carnegie, City of Clairton, Coraopolis, City of Duquesne, East Pittsburgh, Elizabeth, Forward, Glassport, Homestead, McKees Rocks, Millvale, Mt. Oliver, North Braddock, Pitcairn, Rankin, Sharpsburg, Stowe, Swissvale, Tarentum, Turtle Creek, Verona, Versailles, Wall, Whitaker, Wilkinsburg, Wilmerding. (For businesses located elsewhere, Bridgeway’s Entrepreneurship Hub has services available for small businesses, including access to one-on-one specialists.)
Bridgeway and Paramount will tailor the services for participating businesses. Those that apply will be asked to complete an intake survey and engage in a consultation session to discuss business needs and goals. Interested small businesses can apply at www.bridgewaycapital.org/openforbusiness
. To learn more contact, Talpha Harris at 412.201.2450 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and visit the Entrepreneurship Hub webpage
About Bridgeway Capital
Since 1990, Bridgeway has been at the forefront of community and economic development in western Pennsylvania. We work to combat injustices and advance opportunities by building capacity, investing capital, and developing underserved areas to grow businesses and revitalize places. Bridgeway is a nonprofit and Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the U.S. Treasury Department. For more information, visit www.bridgewaycapital.org
About Paramount Pursuits, LLC
Paramount Pursuits, LLC is an economic development consulting firm that focuses on business incubation and Main Street revitalization. We work with entrepreneurs to establish and grow their businesses which directly contributes to the economic growth of their local communities. We strive to ensure inclusivity in the entrepreneurial ecosystems in Pennsylvania and Ohio and work diligently to break barriers to entrepreneurship for women and minority entrepreneurs. For more information, visit www.paparamount.com